template

Thursday, May 04, 2006

My first job

Oh, those where the days!
When I got married to Fred, I was told that he did not want me to work...Well, 6 months in to the marriage, I got my first job...TELEMARKETING!!!
I totally hated it. My boss was an idiot. And he ignored me constantly. I worked from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Monday thru Friday and 10:00am to 2:00 pm on Saturday.
I had to bother people at home and try to get them to set appointments for my boss to go by there and give them an estimate for vinyl siding for there house....
needless to say I did not last more than 2 months....
but my first check, I blew it on clothes and music. I made $125.00 the first week and if I set 10 or more appointments I would get $50.00. I never did...I so hated that job, the rejection, the headaches...
but, I must say about 5 years later I felt sorry for those telemarketers calling the house, because I was there and I knew they were just trying to make money to feed their families.
Now, I do not do to the fact that I can not understand a freakin work that they say... so I hang up before they can catch their first breath...
now ,I just wishI was able to stay at home and be the little wife... maybe one day I will win the lottery...whatever.

thank's beth for the blog idea for thursday....