template

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What???

I was watching nick last night with Lauren and they were talking about Hispanic heritage month....What?

when did this come about?
why is it ?
I don't see an American heritage month?

why should we conform to other heritages? This is American and I know there is freedom here unlike elsewhere, but come on. I don't think I could go to south America or Mexico and rant about not having an American heritage month!

what are we going to have a Arabic heritage month next? Why not push the envelope and have a terrorist week? Or a remember Saddam birthday celebration?

I feel that we the people of America need to step up and make a stand.

I am all for my daughter learning about other heritages, but I don't want it to take over her learning about American history and where she came from , KWIM?

sorry for the rant. I feel better now. LOL

No comments: