template

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

with mother's day around the bend.......

i made this layout for my mom...
she loves purple and this poem is fitting for us.

I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You taught that when you raised me long ago.
I think of all the things you gave to me:Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me.

i am getting a tad sappy and emotional... mother's day has a beautiful meaning to me.

2001: i had just found out about the cancer and Fred and i went to Sam Houston state park to visit with his family...my dad and brother show up...big surprise for me...just thinking about that day makes me weepy, i did not know they were coming. very special moment for me...to know my dad came from Houston to spend that time with me when i was at my lowest...

then November 21,2001: the birth of my one and only daughter. to think that in the months prior, i did not know if i was going to be able to share her birthday with her, to see her born.

so to all you mothers and pre-mothers out there, happy early mothers day.

regardless if you get a card or jewelry or something crazy, just remember that you got something when you became a mother, you got a very special gift, the gift of love.

No comments: